Workshops and Trainings
Workshops and Trainings
Gioia and Rebecca are charismatic and engaging speakers, blending their unique personality styles with story telling, art therapy, humor, and their passion for helping individuals and organization thrive and flourish. Gioia and Rebecca travel nationally to deliver lectures and workshops on increasing engagement and meaning in work and in life through combining scientifically proven interventions from the field of positive psychology with the creativity and expansive benefits of art therapy.
Outcomes from Our Workshops
For Businesses and Organizations:
- Increased productivity
- Employee retention
- Improved employee morale
- Reduced employee absenteeism
- Increased motivation and engagement in work
- More efficient teams
- More energy
- Better health
- More rewarding relationships at home and at work
- More enjoyment in life
For Couples, Partners, and Friends:
- See each more clearly
- Get on the same page with each other
- Experience more appreciation for each other
- Get insight into preferences and needs in the relationship
- Experience more clarity about core values and intentions
- Feel better and more hopeful about the relationship
For Mental Health Professionals and Educators:
- Apply innovative research-based interventions to improve clients’ well-being
- Learn strategies for preventing burnout and increasing our enthusiasm for ourselves and our clients
- Learn how to promote change, even in the absence of insight or strong motivation
- Identify “Signature Strengths” in ourselves and our clients
- Identify the values and vision that bring us to our work
- Learn Positive Psychology applications to art therapy practice, training, and supervision
Menu of Trainings and Workshops
Creative Wellbeing Workshops, LLC offers highly interactive and collaborative trainings and workshops for therapists, medical professionals, businesses and professional organizations, government employees, law enforcement employees, educators, artists, and the general public. Workshops are tailored to the needs of the clients. Popular topics and content are listed below:
Bouncing Back and Bouncing Forward. Stress and burnout lead to compromised health, poor work performance, and significantly reduced quality of life. How can we not only manage stress, but also harness it so that we are not just bouncing back from hardship but bouncing forward into feeling energized and invigorated? Participants learn to “attend to the good” using visual strategies that help identify and amplify what is working in our personal and professional relationships and find positive significance in the challenges we face.
Combating Compassion Fatigue. Creatively Reconnecting to Compassion Satisfaction. Frontline providers such as hospital workers, law enforcement officers, therapists and other human service workers are often exposed to high levels of stress and trauma. As service providers, how do we manage burnout and compassion fatigue and maintain passion for the work that we do? Participants learn empowering tools to cope with compassion fatigue and to reconnect with their compassion satisfaction, the pleasure and enjoyment that they experience in doing their work well.
Creative Leadership. Helping people not only to discover character strengths but also to capitalize on those that energize and engage them. Participants use the creative process to become Strengths Spotters, discovering and activating strengths in themselves and those around them. Focusing on strengths promotes higher confidence, more cooperation, hope, and enthusiasm, which leads to productive wellbeing.
Creative Team Building. Use creative team building strategies such as collaborative art making to identify, appreciate, and build upon what’s working and explore the best in a community, group or organization. Explore aspirations and manifest a communal vision. Identify positive goals and strategies for moving the organization and its members forward towards optimal functioning.
Optimizing Strengths. Utilizing innovations in positive organizational development, leaders will maximize their own strengths while inspiring the growth of others and the productive wellbeing of their teams. Explore positive leadership strategies that build on the best in their teams and transform challenges into opportunities. Walk away with effective, engaging and creative strategies for building productive and innovative teams.
Positive Ethics. A New and Empowering Approach to Ethical Practice for Mental Health Practitioners. Ethics trainings are often experienced as boring, full of legalistic jargon, and overly simplistic in providing guidelines for managing the complexities of real life therapeutic relationships. How can we go beyond meeting minimal standards and move towards the ideals that bring us to the helping professions? Positive Ethics seeks to nurture the positive values that inspire us to fulfill our highest potential as therapists. Enjoy a creative, rejuvenating and inspiring afternoon of art, writing, and re-connecting to the passion that brings us to our work.
What Is Happiness and Why Does It Matter? Review some of the “science of happiness” and answers the questions, who is happier, why does happiness matter, and what is happiness anyway?! Discover the importance of positive emotions—how feeling more joyful, serene, or hopeful can broaden perceptions, illuminate possibilities, and improve physical and emotional resilience. Learn to manage stress, prevent burnout and anxiety, and improve personal and professional wellbeing by learning simple, creative techniques for reducing negativity and increasing happiness and satisfaction.
Arts-Based Creativity Workshops. Art studio-based workshops which provide healing, restoration, and rejuvenation through exploring specific artistic processes and techniques with a positive twist. Examples include Gratitude Art Journaling, Team-Building Mural Painting, Altered Books, Mandalas for Centering, Mixed Media Strength Sculptures, and Mask Making.
What We Do in Our Workshops
- Identify and manage stress, burnout, and compassion fatigue
- Identify the components and benefits of wellbeing and their impact in our personal and professional lives
- Engage in activities that promote positivity and wellbeing
- Identify how to feel more engaged and energized
- Engage in activities that shift our perceptions from negative to positive
- Engage right and left brain learning which deepen the ability to integrate change
- Create tangible illustrations of the learning experienced
- Receive helpful hand-outs that serve as useful reminders of the material covered in the workshops
- Keynote presentations
- Half-Day/Full day Workshops
- 1-2 Hour Lectures/Workshops
- 2-3 Day Seminars
- Graduate Level Continuing Education Classes
Creative Wellbeing Workshops is approved to provide continuing education credit hours through the National Board for Certified Counselors. We provide training and professional development in the following areas: Art Therapy Theory and Practice; Positive Psychology and Art Therapy; Positive Ethics for Therapists; and Self-Care and Burn-Out Prevention for Therapists and Mental Health Practitioners. Refer to our calendar for upcoming trainings.
Creative Wellbeing Workshops, LLC has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #6566). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Creative Wellbeing Workshops is solely responsible for all aspects of those programs.
Our Clients and Collaborators:
- Microsoft Sales Team, Los Angeles, CA
- Kaiser Permanente
- Government Accountability Office, Washington, DC
- George Washington University Hospital Center Breast Care Services, DC
- Child Welfare Services of Alexandria, VA
- Child Advocacy Center of Frederick County, MD
- Barry Robinson Center Behavioral Health for Youth, Virginia Beach, VA
- American Art Therapy Association, Alexandria, VA
- Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute, Alexandria, VA
- Easter Seals Greater Washington Baltimore Area, Silver Spring, MD
- Genentech Biotechnology Corporation, San Francisco, CA
- Beebe Healthcare, Rehoboth, Delaware
- Full Picture Marketing and Production, New York, NY
- Business Health Services, Baltimore, MD
- Smith Center for Healing and the Arts, Washington, DC
- Young Adults with Cancer (YACS), Washington, DC
- Caritas Center for Healing, Tucson, AZ
- Tucson Museum of Art Start Program, Tucson, AZ
- Washington Adventist Hospital, Takoma Park, MD
- Art at the Center, Alexandria, VA
- Potomac Art Therapy Association, Washington, DC, MD, and VA
- Expressive Therapies Summit, New York, NY
- Crossings Center for Healing Traditions, Silver Spring, MD
- George Washington University Graduate Art Therapy Program, Washington, DC
- Washington Adventist University Psychology Department, Takoma Park, MD
- National Coalition Building Institute, Washington, DC
- Tai Sophia Institute/Maryland University of Integrative Health, Laurel, MD
- Inova Life with Cancer, Fairfax, VA
- Potomac Fiber Arts Guild, Potomac, MD
- Children’s Craniofacial Association, Dallas, TX