Workshops and Trainings
Workshops and Trainings
We are seasoned presenters with years of experience running workshops and trainings for everything from small intimate groups to keynotes and large corporate events. We blend our dynamic and interactive styles of presenting with story telling, art therapy, humor, and our passion for helping individuals and organizations thrive and flourish.
During the COPVID Pandemic, we are conducting all of our workshops online. We are happy to help you navigate virtual platforms in order to provide your team with the organizational support and training they need to manage the unique stressors the virus is posing to our personal and professional lives. Call us at 202 352 5225 for a free consultation.
Outcomes from Our Workshops and Trainings:
For Businesses and Organizations:
- Effective tools for coping with personal and professional stress
- Ability to differentiate between positive and maladaptive stress
- More effective strategies for productive communication
- How to manage difficult situations at work
- Optimistic and pessimistic styles of thinking and how these impact our work
- How to identify and mobilize individual and team strengths
- How to find more meaning and engagement in our work
For Individual Clients:
- More energy
- Better health
- More rewarding relationships at home and at work
- More happiness and enjoyment in life
- More creativity, meaning, and purpose
- Better clarity around where they have come from, where they are going, and what they are trying to accomplish
For Couples, Partners, Friends, and Collaborators:
- Get on the same page
- Overcome differences and barriers to communication
- Identify and work through resentments
- Experience more appreciation for each other
- See each more clearly
- Get insight into preferences and needs in the relationship
- Experience more clarity about core values and intentions
- Feel better and more hopeful about the relationship
- Create and have fun together!
For Mental Health Professionals and Educators:
- Apply innovative research-based interventions to improve clients’ well-being
- Learn strategies for preventing burnout and increasing our enthusiasm for ourselves, our work, and our clients
- Learn how to promote change, even in the absence of insight or strong motivation
- Identify “Signature Strengths” in ourselves and our clients
- Identify the values and vision that bring us to our work
- Learn Positive Psychology applications to art therapy practice, training, and supervision
Menu of Our Most Popular Trainings and Workshops
Below are the topics which are our most workshops and trainings. We’ll collaborate with you to shape the content to best meet the needs of your group.
Positivity and Wellbeing: How to Be Happier and Bounce Back from Stress. How can we not only manage stress, but also harness it so that we are not just bouncing back from hardship but bouncing forward into feeling energized and invigorated? Participants will learn about the variables that impact wellbeing such as the negativity bias, the hedonic treadmill and adaptation, set range, the ratio of negative to positive emotions we experience, and our propensity toward optimistic or pessimistic attributional styles. They will identify sustainable approaches to experiencing more peace, sense of connection, engagement, meaning, and wellbeing.
Combating Compassion Fatigue. Creatively Reconnecting to Compassion Satisfaction. Frontline providers such as hospital workers, law enforcement officers, therapists and other human service workers are often exposed to high levels of stress and trauma. As service providers, how do we manage burnout and compassion fatigue and maintain passion for the work that we do? Participants learn empowering tools to cope with compassion fatigue and to reconnect with their compassion satisfaction, the pleasure and enjoyment that they experience in doing their work.
Creative Leadership. Helping people not only to discover character strengths but also to capitalize on those that energize and engage them. Participants use the creative process to become Strengths Spotters, discovering and activating strengths in themselves and those around them. Focusing on strengths promotes higher confidence, more cooperation, hope, and enthusiasm, which leads to productive wellbeing.
Creative Team Building. Use creative team building strategies such as collaborative art making to identify, appreciate, and build upon what’s working and explore the best in a community, group or organization. Explore aspirations and manifest a communal vision. Identify positive goals and strategies for moving the organization and its members forward towards optimal functioning.
Positive Ethics. A New and Empowering Approach to Ethical Practice for Mental Health Practitioners. Ethics trainings are often experienced as boring, full of legalistic jargon, and overly simplistic in providing guidelines for managing the complexities of real life therapeutic relationships. How can we go beyond meeting minimal standards and move towards the ideals that bring us to the helping professions? Positive Ethics seeks to nurture the positive values that inspire us to fulfill our highest potential as therapists. Enjoy a creative, rejuvenating and inspiring afternoon of art, writing, and re-connecting to the passion that brings us to our work.
Arts-Based Creativity Workshops. Art studio-based workshops which provide healing, restoration, and rejuvenation through exploring specific artistic processes and techniques with a positive twist. Examples include Gratitude Art Journaling, Team-Building Mural Painting, Altered Books, Mandalas for Centering, Mixed Media Strength Sculptures, and Mask Making.
What We Do in Our Workshops:
- Identify and manage stress, burnout, and compassion fatigue
- Identify the components and benefits of wellbeing and their impact in our personal and professional lives
- Engage in activities that promote positivity and wellbeing
- Identify how to feel more engaged and energized
- Engage in activities that shift our perceptions from negative to positive
- Engage right and left brain learning which deepen the ability to integrate change
- Create tangible illustrations of the learning experienced
- Receive helpful hand-outs that serve as useful reminders of the material covered in the workshops
- Keynote presentations
- Half-Day/Full day Workshops
- 1-2 Hour Lectures/Workshops
- 2-3 Day Seminars
- Graduate Level Continuing Education Classes
Call us at 202 352 5225 to tailor a workshop or a series of workshops that will suit you and your team.
Creative Wellbeing Workshops provides continuing education and professional development in the following areas: Art Therapy Theory and Practice; Positive Psychology and Art Therapy; Positive Ethics for Therapists; and Self-Care and Burn-Out Prevention for Therapists and Mental Health Practitioners. Refer to our calendar for upcoming trainings.
Creative Wellbeing Workshops, LLC has been approved by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #6566). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Creative Wellbeing Workshops is solely responsible for all aspects of those programs.
Our Clients and Collaborators:
- Microsoft Sales Team, Los Angeles, CA
- Kaiser Permanente
- Government Accountability Office, Washington, DC
- George Washington University Hospital Center Breast Care Services, DC
- Child Welfare Services of Alexandria, VA
- Child Advocacy Center of Frederick County, MD
- Barry Robinson Center Behavioral Health for Youth, Virginia Beach, VA
- American Art Therapy Association, Alexandria, VA
- Northern Virginia Mental Health Institute, Alexandria, VA
- Easter Seals Greater Washington Baltimore Area, Silver Spring, MD
- Genentech Biotechnology Corporation, San Francisco, CA
- Beebe Healthcare, Rehoboth, Delaware
- Miraval Resort and Spa, Tucson AZ
- Full Picture Marketing and Production, New York, NY
- Business Health Services, Baltimore, MD
- Smith Center for Healing and the Arts, Washington, DC
- Young Adults with Cancer (YACS), Washington, DC
- Caritas Center for Healing, Tucson, AZ
- Tucson Museum of Art Start Program, Tucson, AZ
- Washington Adventist Hospital, Takoma Park, MD
- Art at the Center, Alexandria, VA
- Potomac Art Therapy Association, Washington, DC, MD, and VA
- Expressive Therapies Summit, New York, NY
- Crossings Center for Healing Traditions, Silver Spring, MD
- George Washington University Graduate Art Therapy Program, Washington, DC
- Washington Adventist University Psychology Department, Takoma Park, MD
- National Coalition Building Institute, Washington, DC
- Tai Sophia Institute/Maryland University of Integrative Health, Laurel, MD
- Inova Life with Cancer, Fairfax, VA
- Potomac Fiber Arts Guild, Potomac, MD
- Children’s Craniofacial Association, Dallas, TX